Create an ‘About’ page on your website. On my site, it’s one of the most viewed pages. It’s one of the first places visitors will look to get a sense of who you are and what you do. You can be transparent and engage your customers. It can also help direct readers to other pages of interest within your site. It’s a great chance to build credibility with your customer.
Here are 7 features an About page should have, according to Sonia Simone from Copyblogger.com.
- Make sure you have an About page.
- Put a personal name on it. Readers want to know what to call you. (You can also use an alias if you want to.)
- Include a real photo of yourself
- Make sure the writing is interesting
- If you use video, keep it short and make sure there is also text on the page for those of us who are readers
- Keep the text reasonably short, interesting and relevant
- Talk to your readers about how you can serve their needs
- (Bonus) Include your social media details and real-world contact details
Review your current About page and update it with one or more of these recommendations. If you don’t have one, today would be a good day to start!
This week, we’ll focus on tips to build credibility for your business – so stay tuned.
Get a startup tip daily on Facebook.