Sometimes even the best of us get stuck. It might be in something small like how to deal with the paper piling up on our desk or something big that really affects our business – like achieving product-market fit.
And all of us are prone to inertia. Which means that when we get stuck, we tend to keeping spinning the wheels for a time (shorter or longer) until we work out that what we are doing is no longer working. This kind of cycle is deadly if it goes on too long, because it kills momentum which is the lifeblood of a startup.
Insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results.
So, when you feel stuck in your business – change something. Creating change can help give us perspective which in turn helps us find solutions. The change doesn’t have to be something big, it could be as simple as:
- Working in a different space
- Taking your laptop to the local cafe and working there
- Working in a different space in your own workplace or home – the kitchen table, outside.
- Going to the beach with a pen and notepad.
- Changing your daily routine
- Catching up with a business friend you haven’t seen for a while and getting feedback about your business.
- Taking a day off and doing something completely different
Sometimes these small changes jolt us enough that we realise some bigger changes we need to make. Sometimes they give us new energy and inspiration to come up with solutions.
Where are you feeling stuck in your business? What action can you take today to create some change?
Join the Conversation
Have your say in the comments – or use them to create a little bit of extra motivation and accountability to get your action task for today done.
Image used under Creative Commons license courtesy of Su-Lin